Teacher Innovation Grants help the Gunnison Valley Education Foundation live its mission
to empower all students to succeed at learning and life.
The 2020-2021 Teacher Innovation
Grant Cycle will open in February 2020.
Need to submit a Grant Report for 2019-20?
NOTE: You will need to use the same email and password
you used when you submitted your application.
What are Teacher Innovation Grants?
Innovation grants provide classroom teachers with monetary resources to explore creative ways to help students learn.
When is the deadline?
2020 Deadline TBA
Who can apply?
Any certified classroom teacher in the Gunnison Watershed School District may apply.
What can I ask for?
Typically, each applicant may request up to $500 for their innovative idea. However, collaborations of two or more teachers my apply for up to $500 per teacher.
The intent is for teachers to have latitude in developing their ideas. We encourage teachers to:
- Develop original ideas or programs that enrich core curriculum and are replicable.
- Experiment with ways to solve specific instructional challenges in your classroom.
- Create projects that require collaboration between you and other classroom teachers.
- Develop a project that facilitates parent or community partnerships.
- Replicate a proven strategy you haven’t yet used in your classroom.
Enrichment is the key. In your application, please tell the review committee how your project will benefit the students in your classroom in ways that are creative, innovative and not available without this funding.
If funded, what do I have to do?
- Complete your project as written in your grant proposal.
- Submit an online report at the end of your project, or no later than April 30th in the year after your funded project.
NOTE: You will need to use the same email and password you used when you submitted your application.
For login assistance, contact Lauren Kugler at CFGV (firstname.lastname@example.org or 970-641-8837).
- Submit photographs from your project for use on the GVEF website and in marketing materials.
See additional grant information here: GVEF Grant Guidelines and Policies 2019-20.
Contact Gunnison Valley Education Foundation if you have any questions.